Do you know why people like Caroline so much? Because she's the most human of them all, she has her faults, she messes up and there's not a trace of special snowflake about her. Do you know why people dislike Hayley and Elena (although, to be fair, Elena was well liked at first)? They are the epitome of that extra special super awesome girl that's completely unreletable and ultimately easily hated. It really is that simple.
I wouldn’t say that it’s the main reason, but I will say that that is one of the biggest reasons. :) And you are right, personally I love Caroline because I relate to her the most, and her attitude is one which I want to emulate.
There’s a side of her that’s bubbly, sassy, and has great zest for life; there’s a side of her that’s reflective, understanding and accepting; there’s a side of her that’s insecure, controlling and downright neurotic.
She’s not a ‘special’ girl that everyone gives special attention and treatment to. She’s been through a lot personally and in relation to her friends, family and love interests, but she doesn’t let any weaknesses, problems or tragedies define her. She’s never one to say “Look at poor little me!” - when life throws her lemons, she makes lemonade.
She’s not perfect and she has her flaws. But she does what she can to overcome her weaknesses or work around them in order to become the good vampire, daughter and friend that she wants to be.
Caroline is not a lead character, but she is a heroine on her own right.
1. A girl can lose feelings for you over night.
2. A kiss can be just that, a kiss. Completely meaningless.
3. Love can be one sided but I still wonder if that is love at all
4. Never beg for someone to stay or to love you. You shouldn’t have to beg for someone to be a part of your life or to love you. You deserve better than that.
5. Stop breaking your ribs to make space for those who do not belong there.
6. Learning to breathe again is harder than the doctors said it would be.
7. I don’t know what hurts more at night; being alone or being in love.
8. Laying with someone in bed at night is temporary. It won’t get rid of the lonely. You will still wake up and leave in the morning with a heavy heart and no hand to hold.
9. Sometimes the sky rains gasoline instead of water and you have to be strong enough and ignore the urge to set yourself on fire.
10. I will be okay someday. Bad things happen for no reason sometimes and things end but that shouldn’t mean you should come to an end too. The ocean will always have waves; I just have to learn to swim through them for a bit longer.
11. The stretch marks I left on my mother from birth will not be another suicide letter I never finished.
Oliver Nolau (via oliverwr)
Stefan is the pedophile. He's the one who cononically committed statutory rape on a minor (and criminal stalking but whatever lol according to the Stefan stans). It's not even open to fandom debate like Darolin. It's canon! Stefan raped Elena in canon, no debate, no excuses. That's what the writers gave you as a hero. A serial killer/stalker/rapist//addict/abuser/pedophile. Awesome! You must be so proud.
Guessing that the actual rape of Caroline by Damon is completely overlooked. Damon is Stefan’s OLDER brother and Caroline was only 17 as well. So that makes it not only rape but also statutory rape.
There is a law in Virginia that states if both CONSENTING individuals are under 18 then it’s not statutory rape. By law Stefan was 17 and so was Elena. Both most certainly consented and Elena initiated.
Then let’s see: Stalker - the whole crow thing, the whole fog thing. That would be Damon. Stefan told Elena that he watched her and learned everything he could about her, but that is not stalking - someone needs to go consult the dictionary again.
Abuser - When did he ever abuse Elena or anyone else when he had his humanity on? Canon evidence not provided because it doesn’t exist. Damon on the other hand - terrorizing human Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena. “I’ll break your arm” “You are useless”,
Yes, he does have an addiction issue with human blood. This is true at least, And Stefan must have blood to survive - it’s like having a food addiction - you can’t stop eating, you have to have nourishment to survive.. Damon is a raging alcoholic - which he doesn’t need to survive.
Serial Killer - Only with humanity off and Stefan doesn’t want to be that person and works hard not to be.
Damon - With his humanity on not only kills because he enjoys it, but lies about it to Elena - The whole Whitmore family line…. Too many others to list here.
These DEers are so hypocritical and delusional that I actually fear for them in the real world.